PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Game version? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-01-2009

Default Game version?

G'day,

Was wondering if anyone could assist with me trying to locate my game version? Is there an easy way to locate the game version through properties once I've installed from the disc to my computer or anywhere on the packaging? Obviously need this info to download the correct mirror and I couldn't find the info in Beginners Help......sorry!

Thanks
Old 07-01-2009

Usually, the version number appears at the main menu. Many of the games released in 2008 don't show abymore the version number on the exe file, as a measure to prevent piracy. So the easiest way: put your original CD\DVD in drive and look in main menu, options or credits(those are the places were the version located is usually located).
Old 12-01-2009
wolfric

Also to add to that very good point often a readme file is updated in the game directory that has the game version at the top
and in add+remove programs the version is often shown there

Last edited by wolfric; 12-01-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 14-01-2009

Thanks very much for the assistance. Still having a few problems with some games but I'm getting there with the advice you've given, thanks guys.