PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
NFS Carbon Help - Page 2 - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 26-05-2007

So it doesn't says anything about a PCIx(this is short for PCI xpress).
Seems that you can upgrade, but your computer is a brand computer. So you must go to the shop from where you've got it. If you don't want to lose the warranty, that is.
You have as a very good choice for AGP slot the ATI X1650(the512Mb version). This videocard it's a really nice baby for AGP(and it's the last videocard that you can buy on AGP, as from this year both ATI and Nvidia won't produce videocards for AGP slots anymore). I'm a fan of Nvidia, but I'm not dumb to not to appreciate something well done and the video card from ATI beats the cr.p out from the counterparts from Nvidia(Geforce7600 and 7900).
If your computer it's in warranty time, the people from the shop(remember the shop where you bought the PC) are obliged to help you.

And my main advice it's to learn a bit about hardware and software and build a custom PC. I prefer custom PC because the warranty it's on the pieces inside and not on the whole system. That means that I can change whatever I want inside my computer without going to Dell, Gateway, Micron and such. I can make a good powerhorse PC spending around 2500-3000$, assemble it myself(and this gives a bit of satisfaction), install the OS and whatever else is needed, and no one else than me will go inside that PC. If a part breaks, I remove the part and go just with that part at the warranty. And I can upgrade any time I want with any part I want.
Just a few advantages given by a bit of hardware and software knowledge.